Looking after myself: Young people’s wellness plan – This booklet will help you think about and develop some useful ways of coping. It can remind you where to go when things aren’t going so well and realise it is okay to ask for help or support for yourself. It helps you to explore your caring role and what you feel is good and not so good about it.
Young and caring: Accessing support – This resource helps you make sure that you get the practical and emotional support you need. It supports you to think about who else can help you deal with the challenges you face – the answer to this will be different for everyone, so we have developed some tools you could use to work things out for you.
Young and Caring – Caring for Someone with a Mental Illness – This guide is to help make sense of caring for someone with a mental illness. Do you care for someone who has a mental illness? Is it all quite new to you? This leaflet is to help you make sense of things and to get the help you need. The Children’s Society have also asked other young carers about their own experiences, what helped them and, perhaps, you.
If you want help and advice click onto the following website from The Children’s Society. They:
• have contacts and a database of young carers projects across England
• organise training events and regional conferences
• organise the annual Young Carers Festival
• have online resources for practitioners to identify and support young carers and their families
• enable young carers to have their voices heard through es/YCIF online safe social network for young carers
• support children and young people to have their voices heard within Parliament and present to Ministers
• support over 200 young carer ‘Champions’ to communicate and share their stories and advocate for the things that matter most to them in the Young Carers in Focus.